Sometimes the conversations at our house are .. um .. kinda spicy. You see, my finance is also an energy intelligent and spiritual coach. She specializes in helping women create passion and pleasure in their lives. Click here to see Francesca’s site.
What happens when you a put a guy who’s passionate about helping people create vibrant and meaningful money lives together with a woman who’s on fire about helping people create deep and passionate sex lives? J .. U .. I .. C .. Y!
The secret to juicy
“Harmony and passion always start with a balance of the masculine and the feminine. Without this balance, you have chaos. It’s no wonder that so many young people today can’t maintain a relationship. They don’t understand that they need both.”
The above quote was told to me by one of the spiritual leaders at the Okay Owingeh Pueblo (native reservations are called pueblos here in northern New Mexico) during a community event. After hundreds of years living in the same place native people have learned that keeping something juicy means paying attention to the balance of feminine and masculine.
Sex talk in the plumbing aisle
Have you ever been to the hardware store and had the clerk launch into a how-to lesson that sounded something like this: “You need one of these female parts and one of those male parts. You just insert the male into the female with some of this goo ..” Who knew fixtures could sound like a sex manual!
For really juicy sex, it’s helpful to know what combination of plumbing your human suit enjoys. But for the conscious business seeker, it’s not about the plumbing. You just need to express the combination of feminine and masculine strengths that’s right for you.
Success = feminine strengths + masculine strengths
Imagine for a minute you had a special camera that could show how sexual energy moved in male and female bodies. Would it look different? Of course!
Likewise, masculine and feminine approaches to business are very different. Many conscious entrepreneurs are out of balance around these differences. This keeps them stuck.
Let’s get specific. I would say some feminine strengths that are helpful in business are:
- empathic listening
- emotional intelligence
- the vibration of love and nurturing
- the ability to see the big picture
Some of the more masculine strengths I see in business are:
- logical thinking
- goal setting
- time management
- strategic planning
- valuing technology
3 Steps to More Balance in Your Business:
1) Stop judging! When you label either way of viewing the world as “good” or “bad”, you set up an internal conflict. Use your energy psychology and mindfulness tools to turn down the critical voices.
2) Explore your own feminine and masculine strengths. Spiritual teachers have always taught that we have both masculine and feminine energy within us. Get honest about which of these you are less in touch with. Then, explore this part of yourself. Hidden treasures present themselves when you have the courage to explore your relatively unknown parts.
3) Network with people who are different than you are. Organizational psychologists have a name for what happens when everyone in a group thinks the same - “group think”. Don’t go there. Instead, consciously connect with people who have the kinds of strengths that you would benefit from developing.
I’d love to hear your experience with this balance in the form of a comment below. Thanks for reading!